As the warm weather approaches, it’s time to start thinking about sprucing up your outdoor space. Whether you have a sprawling backyard or a cozy balcony, outdoor furniture is essential for creating a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. From stylish lounge chairs to practical dining sets, there are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to outdoor furniture. In this article, we’ll take a look at the top trends in outdoor furniture, so you can find what’s hot and what’s not for your outdoor space.
1. Sustainable Materials – There is a growing trend toward eco-friendly and sustainable outdoor furniture. Look for furniture made from recycled plastics, sustainably sourced woods, and natural materials like bamboo and rattan.
2. Bold Colors – Bright and bold colors are on-trend for outdoor furniture this season. Shades of blue, green, and orange are particularly popular, adding a pop of color to your outdoor space.
3. Outdoor Rugs – Rugs aren’t just for indoor spaces anymore. Outdoor rugs are a great way to add texture and warmth to your outdoor seating area.
4. Fire Pits – Fire pits are a popular addition to outdoor living spaces, providing warmth and ambiance for cool evenings.
5. Daybeds and Swings – Comfortable lounging options are a must-have for any outdoor space. Daybeds and swings are great for relaxing and soaking up the sun.
1. Flimsy Plastic Chairs – Cheap plastic chairs are not only ugly, but they’re also not very durable. Invest in quality outdoor furniture that will last for years to come.
2. White Cushions – While they may look great in photos, white cushions are not practical for outdoor use. They’ll quickly become stained and dirty, and are difficult to clean.
3. Same Old Designs – Don’t settle for boring outdoor furniture. Look for unique and interesting designs that will make a statement.
4. Heavy, Bulky Furniture – Oversized furniture can take up too much space and may be difficult to move around. Opt for furniture that is lightweight and easy to move.
5. Lack of Shade – Spending too much time in the sun can be harmful to your skin. Make sure you have plenty of shade options, whether it’s an umbrella, pergola, or shaded seating area.
In conclusion, when it comes to outdoor furniture, there are trends to follow and designs to avoid. Look for sustainable materials, bold colors, and comfortable lounging options, while avoiding flimsy plastic chairs, white cushions, and bulky furniture. By selecting the right pieces, you can create a beautiful and functional outdoor space that will be the envy of your neighbors.