If you’re a home improvement enthusiast, then you know that there’s always more to learn about DIY projects, decorating, and all things home renovation. Whether you’re a seasoned DIY veteran or a newbie just starting out, reading about home improvement tips and tricks can truly inspire you to take on new ideas for your own home.
So, if you’re looking to expand your knowledge and skills when it comes to home improvement, then here is the ultimate reading list for you:
1. The Complete Book of Home Improvement – This book by the editors of Popular Mechanics is an excellent guide for every DIY lover out there. It covers all aspects of home repair, from basic plumbing and electrical wiring to painting and decorating tips.
2. The New Bohemians Handbook – Written by Justina Blakeney, this book is perfect for those looking to add a bohemian touch to their home. It offers tips on how to decorate with plants, create your own DIY projects, and how to mix and match patterns.
3. Homebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave – Written by Joanna Gaines, the star of HGTV’s hit show Fixer Upper, this book offers inspiration for creating a cozy, welcoming home. It details how to choose the right color scheme, furniture, and décor to make your home feel like your own.
4. You Can Do It! – This book by the DIY Network provides step-by-step instructions on a wide variety of home improvement projects, from a basic tool kit to building your own outdoor deck.
5. Simply Organized: The Ultimate Guide for Simplifying Your Home and Life – Written by Emily Ley, this book is perfect for those looking to declutter and simplify their space. It offers tips on how to organize your home, create daily routines, and how to let go of excess things.
6. The Power of Pattern: Interiors and Inspiration – This book by Wallpaper* Magazine offers inspiration for incorporating pattern into your home décor. It features homes decorated by top designers around the world and offers tips on how to mix and match patterns.
7. The Home Edit: A Guide to Organizing and Realizing Your House Goals – Written by Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin, the duo behind the home organizing company The Home Edit, this book offers practical tips on how to organize every room in your house. It features before-and-after photos of their organizational makeovers.
8. Homemade: 101 Easy-to-Make Things for Your Garden, Home, or Farm – Written by Ken Braren and Roger Griffith, this book offers practical DIY projects for every aspect of home improvement. It features step-by-step instructions, accompanied by helpful photographs.
9. The First Time Homeowner’s Survival Guide: A Crash Course in Dealing with Repairing, Decorating and Furnishing Your Home – Written by Sid Davis, this book is perfect for first-time homeowners who are new to DIY projects. It offers tips on how to deal with home repairs, choose the right décor, and how to budget for home improvement projects.
10. The Little Book of Living Small – Written by Laura Fenton, this book is perfect for those living in smaller spaces. It offers tips on how to maximize space, create multi-functional rooms, and how to decorate in a way that makes the most of your square footage.
So, if you’re looking to expand your knowledge when it comes to home improvement, be sure to add these books to your reading list. Not only will they offer inspiration and practical tips, but they’ll also help you develop new skills and ideas for your own home improvement projects.